Sedona Accountant- Marc Sterling, Sterling Financial Services, LLC
"Our mission is to ensure the success of our clients by providing financial, tax and consulting services in a secured local environment by qualified professionals, being a resource for their business and personal needs so that they have an assured state of mind."
About Marc Sterling
Marc approaches everything he does with a great attitude and works his hardest to achieve the best results. He has lived in Sedona for over 10 years and has been in a committed relationship for over 16 years. Marc’s accounting business was chosen Best of the Best for 2004, 2005 and 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Marc Sterling is a financial and tax accountant of over 28 years. He started an accounting and tax practice from scratch after having worked for the Internal Revenue Service while attending the University of Texas at Austin in Texas. He earned his Accounting degree in 1984 from UT Austin and started working to serve clients that same year.
He has worked with many different types of businesses and individuals throughout the years, acting as a mentor, friend, and advisor. He built his firm to service over 4,500 clients nationwide with 11 employees in the Dallas, TX area and 6 employees in Sedona, AZ. Marc is well-versed in analyzing financial statements and dealing with many different business and financial matters. He was instrumental in helping people acquire and sell businesses, obtain financing, and operate many different types of businesses. Other services include the tax preparation for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates, along with the related payroll and bookkeeping tasks, using QuickBooks and other related software.
Marc is very active in his community. He has a son in the Sedona school district who deserves the best in education and life skills. This is why he got involved the first day he got to Sedona. He believes that if you jump in with both feet, you submerse yourself and can learn about everything around you.
Another part of his involvement with the kids and the community took place in coaching. Marc coached his son’s AYSO Soccer team for the first three years, along with Little League Baseball for two years. He preaches “attitude is everything” and tries to instill this philosophy in the kids at an early age.
- Tax return preparation for
- non profits,
- and estates
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Financial statement preparation
- Loan application assistance
----- Free 30-minute Initial Consultation -----
Accolades and Affiliations
- Member National Association of Tax Practitioners
- Member American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- Member Sedona Professionals Networking Group
- Board Treasurer & Member Chamber of Commerce, Sedona, AZ
- Member Sedona Main Street, Sedona, AZ
- Board Treasurer & Member Sedona 30
- Published articles with Skyward Magazine on tax planning
- Voted Best Accountant by Verde Independent readers in Sedona, AZ in 2004 & 2008
- Voted Best of the Best Accountant by The Sedona/VOC Areas
in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014
- Chosen by IRS to represent our firm and speak at their National Convention
on the topic of electronic filing and various tax issues
- Chosen lecturer at Parker College of Chiropractic on Business topics
- Assisted in the design of the Accounting Curriculum in Arizona High Schools
- Chosen to represent the business community in the CTE annual convention